Tuesday, December 7, 2010

more light inspiration. . .

I have been "collecting" visual inspiration since I was a sophomore in high school.  Back then, I made albums of magazine clippings organized by what attracted me to the page, such as color, graphics, or faces.  The way I store my collection has changed since then; I store (and find) almost everything on the computer.  Here are a few pictures that I've saved that have to do with lighting and light effect:


made from old cassette tapes

cassette tapes, Cd's, and a few VHS tapes
from dornob.com

This is CONCRETE!  See through, light transmitting, concrete! 
Benches, walls, room dividers, floor lamps. . . endless possibilities.
I believe this is made with a sort of fiber optic strand that is laid into the concrete.

love the wavy pattern - unique ambiance for a floor lamp

several of these (like 5) lined up next to each other look amazing. . .
like a miniature hedge (they stand about 18" tall).

Using old pots and pans and a lacy design creates a great effect!
From dornob.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey man, what did thumper's dad say? "If you don't got nuttin nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
I'm not petty, but I'll block you. So be like the fonz. . . be cool.