Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monticello and Fallingwater comparative composition . . .


While looking through the pictures and sketches I had done while at Monticello and Fallingwater, I realized that landscape was just as important for both locations but in contrasting ways.  At Fallingwater, Wright positioned the house in such a way as not to disturb the natural beauty of the surrounding forest.  At Monticello, Jefferson carefully manicured the immediate surrounding landscape to suit his needs.  But he didn't have control over every aspect of the nature around his home, as the giant twisted tree in the front yard shows us. 
 I choose to highlight the natural and manicured beauty of each landscape in my comparative composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey man, what did thumper's dad say? "If you don't got nuttin nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
I'm not petty, but I'll block you. So be like the fonz. . . be cool.