Thursday, April 28, 2011

Perspective of downstairs hall . . .

For my perspective drawing, I choose a space in the downstairs hall.  I choose the middle of the hall becausse I thought the contrast between the way the brick wall looked up close, in perspective, and as part of the picture plane was very interesting.  I think the most difficult part of the drawing was how to represent a white brick wall from far away.  I wanted to make sure the viewer could read the farthest brick wall as brick, but it was difficult for me to read it as brick from the location I was drawing it.  It didn't help that on a bright sunny day, the windows were backlit and washed everything out.  In order to compinsate for this problem, I went to the downstairs hall at different times of the day on night to be able to more clearly achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment