Thursday, April 28, 2011

Perspective of downstairs hall . . .

For my perspective drawing, I choose a space in the downstairs hall.  I choose the middle of the hall becausse I thought the contrast between the way the brick wall looked up close, in perspective, and as part of the picture plane was very interesting.  I think the most difficult part of the drawing was how to represent a white brick wall from far away.  I wanted to make sure the viewer could read the farthest brick wall as brick, but it was difficult for me to read it as brick from the location I was drawing it.  It didn't help that on a bright sunny day, the windows were backlit and washed everything out.  In order to compinsate for this problem, I went to the downstairs hall at different times of the day on night to be able to more clearly achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey man, what did thumper's dad say? "If you don't got nuttin nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
I'm not petty, but I'll block you. So be like the fonz. . . be cool.