Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recycled-Parts Furniture

Doing my upholstery project in Studio has inspired me to rekindle my love of furniture.  I especially love the eclectic pieces, made from up-cycled materials.  I'm starting a collection of my favorite pieces on my blog, so I'll post them as I run across them. 
Here's one I found today, from Dornob.com.

These interesting pieces are made from scrap wood and melted tin that was found locally (local to the artist).  He cut the wood to make a uniform shape then melted the tin around the pieces to hold them into place.  You can find more of this designer's work at his web pagehttp://www.pepeheykoop.nl/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey man, what did thumper's dad say? "If you don't got nuttin nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
I'm not petty, but I'll block you. So be like the fonz. . . be cool.