Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lighting Sketch Series 1

One sketch a week of the same spot, emphasizing natural light.
As time goes by and summer changes to fall, I note that the days are getting shorter and the angle of the sunlight through the windows is changing. . . .


First Week of September, 9 am


Second Week of September, 10 am



Third Week of September, around noon


First Week of October, 3 pm

 
 
For me, this sketch series was as much an exercise in different drawing techniques as it was in understanding different light angles over the course of time.  Depending on the time of day and the weather, the mood of the space could change dramatically.  Experimenting with drawing styles allowed me to express the feel of the space in different ways. 
I think this sketch series would be really interesting over an extended period of time.  What would 365 days of my dining room look like in an array?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey man, what did thumper's dad say? "If you don't got nuttin nice to say, don't say nothing at all."
I'm not petty, but I'll block you. So be like the fonz. . . be cool.